After Effects Plugins and Scripts are a great way to add third party features to the software and to enhance your workflow, save time, cost and efforts.
I have used various plugins and scripts in After Effects over the years to create amazing Motion Graphics for my clients. Also, I saved numerous precious hours which would not have been possible without the plugins and scripts I use.
I have my own list of plugins and scripts that I use almost each day and certainly can’t live without them.
My list consists of 15 Plugins and Scripts for After Effects that made my life easy and I am sure it will take your skills and workflow to another level.
- True Comp Duplicator – True Comp Duplicator creates a complete duplicate of a composition hierarchy including sub-comps. If a composition is used multiple times, the composition only gets duplicate once and all remaining references point to the first duplicate. If the compositions are arranged in a special folder hierarchy in the project panel, that folder hierarchy is preserved or duplicated (depending on user preference) for the duplicated compositions.
- Malty: Simple Camera Rig – If you ever struggled with your After Effects 3D camera than Malty: Simple Camera Rig is for you. Rig your camera in one click, discover secret techniques used by myself and other artists, and start creating beautiful and stunning animations efficiently. This is more than just a camera rig. This is a totally new workflow for any size project. It’s the only camera rig you’ll ever need.
- Rift – Rift is an After Effects plugin which provides methods to shift, sequence, stagger, or randomize layers properties like in and out points, keyframes, markers and more. All this presented in a compact User Interface.
- Zorro The Layer Tagger – Zorro lets you group layers in after effects by adding tags to layers. Similar to the way you would tag photos in Flickr, you can tag layers in your compositions and then select or isolate those layers in groups by using the tags.
- CopyMask2Layer 2 – When you copy a mask from one layer to another it often changes its position. With CopyMask2Laye, you can copy masks while keeping them perfectly in place – even if the layers are moving and if the mask path is keyframed.
- Paste Multiple Keyframes 2 – This After Effects Script allows you to copy and paste keyframes from multiple layers at the same time.
- Motion v2 – Hours of animation get wasted repeating tasks, re-timing keyframes and jumping between windows. Motion 2 gives you 20+ new tools that automate repetitive tasks and enhance your animation. Creating dynamic Motion has never been easier.
- Animation Patterns Pro – animationPATTERNSpro is a keyframe based easing assistant that allows you to edit and create new easing types.
- Animation Composer – A free After Effects plugin that will save you loads of time while animating keyframe-heavy projects. It comes with over 80 motion presets that you can simply drag and drop in your scene. You can achieve interesting animations without messing around with keyframes and expressions.
- Gif Gun – Gif Gun is an After Effects Script that allows animated GIF creation super simple right out of After Effects. Read this article for more information on Gif Gun.
- Corner Cutters – Corner Cutters do the donkey work. You focus on the good stuff. A bundle of utility scripts to make your life easier in After Effects. Use the toolbar or use individual scripts in your own workflow.
- Auto Crop – Quickly and easily crop a composition down to it’s contents. It can crop based on the current frame, all frames or a mask you create.
- FX Console – FX Console is a plugin for After Effects that adds a hotbox style interface enabling you to quickly find and apply FX and presets. The tool is highly configurable with the ability to give FX custom names, change priorities, add favourites, change default FX settings and much more.
- Element 3D – Element 3D is an After Effects plugin used for importing/creating 3d objects inside of Adobe After Effects. Element 3D uses its own render engine to generate high-end quality results.
- BG Renderer Pro – Allows you to render your Render Queue in the background while you can continue working in After Effects. It can also notify you via email, sms or iPhone push notification when your renders are done or have an error.