Running a Script is very easy, all you have to do is Open up After Effects and go into File > Scripts > Run Script File. Select your script file and After Effects will automatically run it for you. If you wish to modify the script and play with the codes, then you can open it up with Script Editor by going into File > Scripts > Open Script Editor.
Here are top 10 After Effects Scripts that can help you minimize your work and time.
10 Best After Effects Scripts for Better Workflow
Cleaner 2.0v is a script for Adobe After Effects that will help you organize your project file structure in seconds.
- Clean the project file structure in 1 second
- Choose which folder to create
- Rename the folder as you want
- Delete unused files
- Delete missing files
- Bring Render comp to the top
Express is an After Effects script which helps you edit or fix expressions in your project. Finding an expression is finally an easy task. Navigate through all your expressions or find any erroneous scripts within a couple clicks. Replace part of multiple expressions at once. Toggle on/off any expression in your project.
- Find part of an expressions inside your project
- Find all expressions inside your project
- Find all expressions with errors
- Quickly edit expression
- Enable / Disable a single or multiple expressions
- Replace a part of an expression in all expressions
- Replace a part of an expression in selected expressions
The Scripts Manager is a daily workflow enhancement when it comes to running and managing a large amount of script files.
- Run Scripts from your User Interface.
- Integrate into existing User Interface.
- Adds new available scripts at runtime.
- Choose a custom scripts folder location.
- Create favorites for quicker access.
- Search for scripts.
New Project Pro 1.0v is a script that will help you speed up the process of making all that compositions, folders etc in the beginning of making a project file. Not only that but it will keep it clean and organized!
- Create default composition
- Organize files in Assets folder
- Automatic creation of placeholder compositions
- Default text in Text compositions
- Rename everything
- Custom number of placeholder compositions
Infocharts – Bar Graph is an After Effects script created to help you realise animated custom bart charts in a couple clicks. The generated chart can be furtherly customized to your need, it makes a great base for your own infographic projects.
- Automatic bar chart creation
- Automatic animation of the chart
- Live Preview (change and watch the results in realtime)
- Easy to customize (colors, fonts,..)
- Load and Save data from CSV files
- Load and Save theme/preset of your chart (colors, font size,..)
- Load settings from generated composition
- Chart controller layer in the generated comp (change colors, bar thickness)
Swatcher is a script for Adobe After Effects, loading color palettes from several services like the Dribble (Full list you can find below).
You can also open a color palettes from files and keep it in your own swatch library.
What’s more, Swatcher allows easy colorize your compositions in a very convenient way. Colorize function finds each color in your selected layers, such as Solid Layers, Text and Shape Layers.
The Shape layers choosing for colorize each fills and strokes inside content parameter.
In the colorize you can control each color on your scene.
- Loading palettes via link from a few services:
- kuler.adobe.com (ONLY MAC OS X)
- Opening palettes from a file. Supported an .ase or .aco file formats
- Editing: controlling the brightness, removing and sorting colors in a the Color swatch field.
- Creating a dynamically main swatch in the composition and binding all colors to it.
- Replacing all current assigned colors in the composition new palettes by one click.
- Working with Swatch Library, where you can keep your own palettes.
- Colorizer function, dynamically changing all colors of each selected layers, such as Text layers, Solid with Ramp or Fill effects and shape layers.
This script generates the old-school 3-side prismatic panel. It may be used for indoor and outdoor advertising displays, billboards, posters and the like. The “Slideshow” is optional. You can use this panel as a basis for new project or insert it an existing project. It is possible to use several panels in one project.
mControl is an automatic control generating tool for after effects. It is very useful if you want to create one click controls for your After Effect project or you need to create some custom controls for some properties.
Works With: AE CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, After Effects CC
- Slider Control
- Angle Control
- 2D Point Control
- 3D Point Control
- Check Box Control
- 2D Separate Control
- 3D Separate Control
mControl is very powerful tool.It can create separate controls for x,y and z property of any layer. It works with Transformation as well as Effects proprieties.
Post Production Tool is a combination of pixel bender controls, script and build it effects that helps you easily polish your footage, comp, or cgi elements. It contains some of the basic options like color correction, vignette, grain, aspect ratio, chromatic aberration and photo style. All of these plug ins are linked between each other with expressions so you can easily get the desired effects.
- Speed up the process of renaming
- Add Prefix
- Add Suffix
- Change Label Color
- Change Name