compCode is a very useful tool for After Effects users to turn comps and layers into code and for template builders to easily package any project into shareable After Effects scripts. With Comp Code, turn your comps or layers into executable code that can be used as is or modified as needed.
compCode is perfect for delivering After Effects template projects which are much easier to use and are version agnostic back to CS6. It can also be used to deliver corporate branding packages in easy to use (and deploy), beautiful, searchable UI panels.
Under compCode interface, you get two buttons – compCode and compPack.
compCode – This option converts your design to a dynamic and shareable After Effects script. Simply select your composition (or layers), hit the compCode button and it will magicaly convert it to an executable After Effects script that is backwards compatible to CS6. No coding skills are required!
The resulting script can optionally be customized with user tokens. You can specify what the end user can modify, such as layer and composition names, new footage sources or custom text for text layers.
compPack – This feature allows you to package together multiple scripts into one beautiful, searchable UI panel. Have folders of scripts inside of other folders, compPack is smart enough to rebuild the UI to match your existing folder structure.
In addition add artwork and information buttons to polish your UI, and get it ready to share with others in a professional looking tool.
Features of compCode
- One button click solution to covert After Effects projects to reusable After Effects Scripts;
- Tokens (“text:”, “file:”, “name:”) can be used to prompt the end user for input once they execute the script;
- Supports expressions and all layer and property types;
- Final script can target current composition, or create a new one;
- Final script is compatible with at least CS6;
- No programming experience is required;
- Use compPack feature to collect exported scripts into standalone toolkit.
- Search scripts function is automatically added to final toolkit.
- Format your scripts directory any way you want to – compPack will respect your folder structure and rebuild it perfectly;
- Add branding artwork and information buttons to final script.
How To Use compCode
Select a composition or a hand full of layers and hit ‘compCode’ button. Done. That’s it. Enjoy the rest of you day. The result you get is actual After Effects script that you can execute via Run Script File button and it will recreate your original design from the code. Also, you can run this script on After Effects CS6, and you should be fine.
How To Use compCode Tokens.
- Apply “text:” token to the text layers name, like “text:someLayerName”, and the end user will be prompted to enter custom text once he executes the script.
- Use “file:” token on footage item in project panel such as image, image sequence, video or audio, like “file:someFileName.extension”, to prompt the end user to select file upon the script launch.
- Append “name:” token at the beginning of item, layer, or property name to allow the end user to set custom name for them.
Fire up the compPack feature to collect your scripts library into one toolkit. Simply navigate to the folder and your done. You can also add brand logo and text info to give your toolkit that extra touch.
For more information and to purchase compCode, visit aescripts.com.