A list of 5 best live video streaming production software for streaming and recording high-quality and professional live videos.
According to a custom survey, 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV. We’re now living in a multi-screen, multi-platform world, where one in three consumers say they’ve never had cable TV or no longer do.
For advertisers and marketers, reaching their target audience through traditional TV has gotten harder and more expensive.
The good news is that there’s an easy way as well – Through LIVE VIDEO STREAMING. In fact, many businesses are now using Live Video Streaming to better connect with their audience.
To live stream anything on the Internet, you need good and reliable LIVE VIDEO STREAMING PRODUCTION SOFTWARE.
A Live Video Streaming software encodes your source video feed into a ready-to-stream digital video file. You can add overlays, graphics, text, and more to make your streams like TV.
Best Live Video Streaming Software
After testing out some of the most popular live video streaming software on the market, we have found 5 of these to be strong and most capable.
Wirecast is the most popular award-winning video production software that is perfect for live streams, webinars, webcasts, sports, and more. Designed with the most dedicated streamers in mind, Wirecast offers a ton of great features:
- 7 remote guests via Wirecast Rendezvous conferencing
- 4096 x 4096 maximum project and encoding resolution.
- 5 Master Mixing layers.
- Integrated text, titles, chroma key, and built-in transitions.
- Custom transitions, playlists.
- PTZ Camera Control.
- Advanced audio mixer.
- Pro Audio FX.
- Sports Production (instant replay, scoreboards).
- Virtual Sets and backgrounds.
- Social media integration.
- Integrated Stock Media Library.
- NewBlue Titler Live Present animated titles and graphics ($299 Free).
- Unlimited output destinations + multiple simultaneous record-to-disks
- Adds baseband SDI/HDMI output, NDI program out
- 1-17 slot multi-viewer output
- ISO Record of individual sources
- Multi-track audio recording
Integrated Stock Media Library
Wirecast features a growing database of 500,000 unique, high-quality media assets. It gives you direct access to transitions, motion backgrounds, royalty-free audio tracks as well as videos.
- Images: Stock graphics including lower thirds, action icons, and images.
- Videos: Stock videos are included in case you need extra video clips for your projects.
- Music: Whether you need a quick sound effect or background music, royalty-free audio is just a search away.
Telestream Wirecast is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
There are two versions of Telestream Wirecast:
- Wirecast Pro: $799, includes one-year standard support.
- Wirecast Studio: $599, includes one-year standard support.
vMix is a live video streaming software that allows you to publish your live productions directly to the internet. It is also a Video Mixer and Switcher that utilizes the latest advances in computer hardware to provide live HD video mixing.
vMix is a complete live video production software solution with features including LIVE mixing, switching, recording, and LIVE streaming of SD, full HD, and 4K video sources including cameras, video files, DVDs, images, PowerPoint, and much more.
It’s a great live streaming software to produce big-budget live concert productions, sporting events, or small webcasts and webinars.
Some of the main features of vMix live video streaming software are:
- Simultaneous streaming, recording, and output.
- 13 Transition Effects.
- Professional HD production on a modest PC.
- Easy to use, high-performance, animated graphics.
- HD virtual sets with high-quality real-time chroma key.
- PC and MAC desktop sources.
- Add up to 8 remote guests quickly and easily with vMix calls.
- Web browser input.
- Built-in audio mixer.
- Live video effects.
- Input multi-view.
- Full NDI capabilities.
- Touch screen web interface.
- Professional color correction and monitoring tools.
vMix runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 platforms.
vMix is available in 5 editions including 1 basic free version. Other editions are:
- Basic HD Edition – $60 USD.
- HD Edition – $350 USD.
- 4K Edition – $700 USD.
- PRO Edition – $1200 USD.
XSplit is a powerful streaming and recording app that let you broadcast to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and more. It provides all the tools you need to go live at the click of a button through XSplit Broadcaster and Gamecaster.
A lot of organizations trust XSplit to power their live streams because of the professional level of live video production.
XSplit is a fully featured production studio packed into one broadcasting app. The biggest names in esports, conferences, and conventions rely on XSplit to stream their events globally.
XSplit Products & Its Features
- Professional production features
- Stream and record in 4k 60fps with minimal impact on PC hardware
- In-game HUD to control your live stream
- Stream Management: Preview Mode, Macros, Scene Switcher & more
- Supports all major capture cards
- Automatic game detection for the latest and greatest PC games
- Control your stream from one screen. Start and stop your broadcast, interact with chat, and check out recent events and stats all from inside your game.
- Hundreds of customizable themes to choose from
- Powerful and easy-to-use scene editor.
- Store everything in the cloud. Never lose anything again!
- Blur your background.
- Background removal and replacement with image and video.
- Works with Skype, Messenger, Discord, Zoom, and Slack, etc.
- Compatible with all webcams
Currently, XSplit is only compatible with Windows operating systems.
However, as a workaround, you can use Boot Camp to install Windows on your Mac to be able to install and use XSplit Broadcaster.
There are 4 pricing plans for XSplit.
- 3-Month License: $24.95
- 12-Month License: $59.95
- 36-Month License: $149.95
- Lifetime License: $199.00
With Livestream Studio 6, you can transform your computer into a professional live production control room. Input multiple feeds, add graphics, master audio, and stream in one robust, easy-to-use package.
With Studio 6, you can live stream on Vimeo, Livestream, Facebook Live, Periscope, Ustream, YouTube Live, Akamai, Wowza Media Server, Twitch, or any other RTMP-compatible service.
Let’s take a look at some of the top Livestream Studio 6 features:
- Built-In Multiview – On-screen full field rate multiview of all live inputs, Preview, Program Out, GFX and DDR, Audio PPM overlay with peak hold feature on all inputs and outputs. Re-sizable layout allowing hiding of all controls to maximize multi-view screens.
- External Multiscreen – Up to 4 times Extended Screen outputs depending on Video Card configuration & type.
- Media Sources – 7 integrated digital media sources for video & graphics playback. 2 DDRs (video clip playback with built-in transcoder), 3 GFX (graphics), and 2 Color Bars / Background Colors.
- Graphics & Titling – Load JPG or PNG files (full transparency support with PNG files). Add text (set position/font/size/color) over any loaded image file within the GFX1, GFX2, or GFX3.
- Recording – Up to 4 simultaneous isolated source recordings. MJPEG with uncompressed audio or 1 MP4 Recording with AAC audio compression. Interlacing and time-code support. Full compatibility with Blackmagic Design Media Express and Adobe Premiere.
- Streaming Quality – Multiple simultaneous bit rates (up to 4k 30fps), including mobile quality for playback on iOS/Android mobile devices.Multiple simultaneous bit rates (up to 4k 30fps), including mobile quality for playback on iOS/Android mobile devices.
- Audio Mixing – Integrated multi-channel audio mixer for internal and external audio sources, outputs, streams, and headphones. Incorporated video switcher follows feature with audio cross-fade support when fading two video sources.
Studio 6 is compatible with Windows as well as Mac operating systems.
You can get Livestream Studio 6 for $75/month (billed annually).
5. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is a free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming. It offers high-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.
You can set up an unlimited number of scenes and switch between them seamlessly via custom transitions. Hotkeys can be set for nearly every sort of action, such as switching between scenes, starting/stopping streams, and more.
With multi-view, you can monitor 8 different scenes and easily cue or transition to any of them with merely a single click.
- Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards, and more.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain.
- Powerful and easy-to-use configuration options. You can add new sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- OBS Studio’s modular User Interface allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like.
- The streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
OBS Studio is compatible with Windows, macOS, as well as Linux operating systems.
OBS Studio is free to download.