TYPE-O-MATIC is an After Effects animation tool for motion graphic designers developed by Hamo Studio. It is a project file for Adobe After Effects that gives you the power to animate any font in a few simple steps.
TYPE-O-MATIC offers three different ways for creating easy, quick, and customizable type animation – The Controller, Masked, and Unfold.
- The Controller: By animating the solid Controller_xx in the “Controller_xx” composition, all solid’s transformations properties are applied to all characters in the “alphabet” composition.
- Masked: By creating animation in the composition “modify_this_Mask” you’ll be creating a mask animation applied to all characters in the “alphabet” composition.
- Unfold: Moving the keyframe in the “alphabet” composition you’ll be modifying the unfold type velocity.
How To Use TYPE-O-MATIC Free Text Animation Tool For After Effects
- Download the project file from Type-O-Matic official website.
- Import the controller.aep, masked.aep or unfold.aep to the library.
- Open change_font_HERE! composition, select all layers and choose font.
- Open alphabet composition, select and copy the letters you need to form a word.
- Create a new composition, paste and composite the letters.
- Render scene
Sample Text Animations
1. Peanuts – The Controller
2. Cars – The Controller
3. Geometry – Masked
4. Chyron – Masked
5. Rock & Roll – Unfold
6. Coffee – Unfold
- The Best After Effects Presets For Text Animation (Paid & Free)
- Amortype – Free After Effects Text Animation Preset