Luminar Neo is an image editor driven by AI technologies that simplifies complex editing and enables creators to bring their ideas to life.
Boring routine tasks and the complexity of sharing their final results online often challenge professionals, hobbyists, and visual storytellers.
In the fast-moving era of social media and mobile photography, routine editing and multi-step sharing can hinder the goal of any artist: creating work that fulfills their creative vision.
Today, Skylum reveals essential details about Luminar Neo, a creative image editor that ships this winter. Featuring a full suite of tools for visual storytellers, Luminar Neo solves common problems. It allows artists to focus on being creative.
What Is Luminar Neo?
Luminar Neo is an innovative image editor driven by AI technologies of the future. It simplifies complex editing routines and enables creators to bring their boldest ideas to life.
- Get speed and flexibility in your editing with a brand-new core engine and layers workflow.
- Skylum’s combined and evolved experience, featuring all the best solutions, forms the basis of the new engine built for Luminar Neo, developed to achieve complex creative results with maximum performance and creativity.
- Adjust the light in your photo for creative control over the lighting in a scene. You can control the exposure of an image based on the distance from the lens to independently adjust the background and foreground exposure.
- Automatically remove spots on your images caused by dust and dirt on your lens and sensor.
- Clean up unwanted power lines from the skies in your cityscapes.
- Experiment with infinite creative possibilities by effortlessly combining two or more images in a shot.
The new technologies and innovative user experience in Luminar Neo make creative image editing simple and fun.
New Tools To Solve Common Editing Frustrations
The AI-guided tools are well known for giving artists powerful ways to explore their creative muse. But no image is perfect right out of the camera.
Many of the existing tools like Accent AI solve common capture problems with exposure and color balance. Skin AI removes blemishes from portraits while Portrait Background Removal AI allows artists to completely isolate their subjects from the background and make them pop.
Right out of the camera, many images still suffer from visual distractions, some originating from the captured scene and others from within the camera itself. Luminar Neo introduces new tools that leverage AI to deal with these distractions easily.
Dust Removal AI
When capturing images in the field, dust on the surface of a lens or dust entering the sensor during a lens change can introduce artifacts. After using AI to automatically detect these artifacts, Dust RemovalAI removes them to provide a spotless result.
Now, artists can easily fix ruined photos, clean distracting spots in images, and save their beautiful memories.
Line Removal AI
Used separately or as part of Sky AI, this new tool automatically removes unwanted power lines and phone lines from the sky in landscape photos.
Whether editing photos of weddings, landscapes, or popular sightseeing spots, automatically getting rid of unwanted lines allows artists to focus on making powerful images, not cleaning up distractions.
Overlays Leverage The Power Of AI-Enabled Compositing
Skylum has already revealed Relight AI and Portrait Background RemovalAI, two tools that use Layers, and the new Mask AI feature to help artists move beyond photo editing and explore compositing as a tool for creative expression.
Overlays, graphics, and photographic elements with a transparency channel are yet another way for artists to break out of the photographic box. To light the creative fire, Luminar Neo includes a rich library of free overlay content.
Their community of artists and ambassadors regularly add new overlay content to the Luminar Marketplace. They are directly accessible from within Luminar Neo.
Finally, using Mask AI, creators can create and save custom overlays to be used across their body of work.
After editing comes another important yet sometimes tedious step: exporting images from desktop to mobile to share them.
Today, the sharing process is complicated and requires third-party services. Syncing to cloud drives is helpful, but what is needed is a round-trip experience that fully integrates mobile devices with desktop editing.
Luminar Share does exactly that.
Luminar Share aims to completely remove exporting complications and give artists the possibility to share their work in one click directly from the desktop.
A native mobile app, Luminar Share connects the photo library on Android and iOS mobile devices directly to Luminar Neo.
Using a QR code pairing tool similar to those found in WhatsApp, Signal, and other synced messaging services, Luminar Share creates a secure link between a mobile photo library and Luminar Neo.
- A completely secure and private connection
- Automatic, round-trip synchronization of photos and edits
- Direct sharing from Luminar Neo to social networks (e.g. Instagram)
- No additional cost for cloud storage
Skylum is looking forward to growing and developing in the mobile field, and Luminar Share is the first big step towards that goal.
From photographers sharing their work to influencers sharing a new look or a new adventure, visual storytellers of every stripe will find Luminar Share to be a great resource.
At launch, it will be available for Android and iOS mobile devices.
Availability & Pricing
Luminar Neo ships this winter with Luminar Share, Dust Removal AI, Line Removal AI, and other exciting tools. Early-bird pricing for the Luminar Neo application and plugin are:
- $76 for a 1-seat license & $87 for a 2-seat license for Luminar Neo.
- $105 for a 1-seat license & $126 for a 2-seat license for Luminar Neo + Luminar AI.
- $54 for a 1-seat license & $69 for a 2-seat license for Luminar Neo.
- $83 for a 1-seat license & $108 for a 2-seat license for Luminar Neo + Luminar AI.
To learn more about Luminar Neo and sign up for updates, visit Luminar Neo’s official page.
Also, check out: Noiseless AI Extension For Luminar Neo Released