With “HitFilm – Free Video Editing & VFX Software”, you can edit videos, composite visual effects, edit audio, and can do much more.
21st-century filmmaking requires you to be an editor, VFX artist, and colorist at the same time.
HitFilm is a free video editing software that gives you a head start, merging professional 3D compositing and over 122 effects with its editing tools. It is designed for speed.
On fast machines, you enjoy real-time playback thanks to 64-bit architecture and GPU acceleration, even when jumping between your edit and visual effects shots.
More complex shots get proxied in the background while you keep working.
A high-end desktop computer will make HitFilm fly but mainstream notebooks and family computers are just fine.
You don’t need a supercomputer to be a filmmaker.
With HitFilm, you can edit videos, composite visual effects elements, edit audio, and can do much more.
HitFilm Features & Workflow
Take your workflow to the next level with HitFilm.
It seamlessly combines a huge number of features providing everything you need to see your project through to the end.
Professional Format Support
Get the best possible quality for your projects with HitFilm UHD support. HitFilm handles vertical smartphone shots to high-end professional camera footage with ease.
The HitFilm interface is fully customizable. Use the collapsible and expandable panels to get access to things you need and aren’t distracted by the panels you don’t.
Customize and save your personal interface as a default layout.
This free video editing software allows you to set up a list of edits and shots to render while you are away from your desk.
If in case the software is closed during render, it will automatically resume when you load it back up.
Enhanced Performance & Quality
Customizing your playback and paused quality allows you to experience really fast playback in the editor.
This prevents lagging, making it much easier to time up cuts and allowing you to make faster, snappier edits.
Masking is often used to manually create a matte that determines which parts of the layer are visible. It’s like cutting holes in your layers.
Masking is usually done to enhance and speed up the rotoscoping process.
In HitFilm, you can quickly switch from one tab to the next like you would on a browser depending on your needs.
You can edit in one tab, and composite in the other.
How To Download HitFilm For Free
To download HitFilm Video Editing & VFX Software for free –
- Visit the HitFilm download page.
- Click on the Download Free button.
- You will then see a signup form. Enter your name, email, and password to create a HitFilm account. Then click on the SignUp & Download button.
- Once the signup process is complete, you will be taken to the installer page from where you can download HitFilm for Windows or Mac.
How to Install HitFilm
- After you download the installer for your corresponding operating system, run the HitFilm installer file by double-clicking on its file icon (this requires administrator privileges on your computer). Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Launch HitFilm. When asked to activate sign-in with the email address and password you provided when requesting a free copy of HitFilm.
- HitFilm 4 is now ready for you to use. It’s yours to keep forever!